Low Carb Mac N Cheese aka Cauliflower Gratin
1 head of cauliflower, about 3 pounds
½ small onion diced
½ teaspoon minced garlic
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons Almond flour
2 cup cream
2 cups grated cheese (cheddar, Colby Jack, Monterey Jack) ⅔ cup Parmesan cheese (or Swiss)
½ teaspoon salt pepper to taste
1. Cut cauliflower (Do not cut the florets apart)Rinse cauliflower
sections and place without draining into 8×8 baking dish sprayed with coconut oil.
2. Cover dish and Microwave 3 minutes on high.
3. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
4. In large pan, melt butter over medium heat. and onion and garlic and saute
5. Add flour and stir to form a roux. Cook, stirring constantly about
1 minute. Lower heat if necessary to avoid browning the roux.
6. Add cream slowly whisking to keep the mixture smooth. If too thick add half and half or water
7. Bring mixture to slow boil, and then reduce heat to a simmer
and cook until thick, smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
8. Add salt, pepper and grated cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
9. Pour evenly over the cauliflower in baking dish and sprinkle
grated Parmesan evenly over the top.
11. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
Low carb Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cream Cheese Ice cream
2 1/4 C Heavy cream
5 egg yolks
1 C. Swerve + 1 tsp sucralose
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp Strawberry extract
2 oz. cream cheese warmed to soften then cooled a bit
1/2 tsp. salt
Add to almost frozen custard
How ever many strawberries you want (I used 5)
1 Lilly’s low carb Chocolate bar crushed up (whatever flavor you like)
Out the ingredients in a sauce pan and whisk together. On low heat stir continuously JUST until warm. Cool completely then add to ice cream maker or freeze. when just about frozen add Chocolate and cut up strawberries.
With sugar alcohols, the net carb for this delicious dessert is 3.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 38 g, Saturated Fat 25 g, Monounsaturated Fat 11 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 285 mg
Sodium 263 mg, Potassium 124 mg, Total Carbohydrate 5 g,
Dietary Fiber 2 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 5 g.
Sharing of this post is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting of full recipes to ANY social media or blogs is strictly prohibited without written consent. Recipes including exact wording and photographs are Copyright of Lowcarbmeals.org. Any unauthorized use of content or photos from Lowcarbmeals.org is a violation of our Copyright.